Family Nurse Practitioner
Position Title: Family Nurse Practitioner
Salary: Competitive, DOE, Generous Benefits Package
Status/Hours: Variable, per agreement
Reports to: Medical Director
ABOUT THIS POSITION
Our Nurse Practitioners provide high quality, culturally appropriate health care for a vulnerable population. As part of a small, multi-disciplinary team, the NP conducts patient assessments and implementation of treatment plans for both acute and chronic conditions, in addition to well child care and women’s health. Care includes performing work-ups on patients, including history and a physical, and collaborating with the patient and family/caregiver in developing care plans.
ABOUT THE WALLACE MEDICAL CONCERN
The Wallace Medical Concern (WMC) is a Federally Qualified Health Center making a visible difference in improving the health outcomes of our community. As a rapidly growing patient-centered primary care home, we’re committed to offering high quality programs based on the most promising and progressive best practices. We’re deeply rooted in our dynamic, vibrant, multi-cultural--and underserved--community. We believe that health care extends beyond the exam room, and focus on serving the whole person with support and resources that engage them fully in creating good health.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Primary Care Provider
- Provide direct assessment, diagnosis and treatment plans within scope of practice for children and adults presenting with acute, chronic or preventive health care needs in addition to well child exams and women’s health exams
- Provide leadership in a team-based care environment, which consists of physicians, nurses, behavioral health providers, community health workers, and medical assistants
- Formulate and implement care plans for patients based on available clinical data
- Manage a full panel of patients on a daily basis including interpreting lab studies and use appropriate procedural or testing equipment
- Work cooperatively with patients and their families or caregivers to develop and implement treatment plans
- Outpatient responsibilities may be carried out in one of two clinics, a mobile van or in the community
- Refer patients appropriately when beyond the scope and ability to provide care
- Meet quality and productivity targets, based on community standards implemented by the Medical Director
- Document all care and teaching provided in EPIC in a timely fashion
Wallace Team Member
- Nurture health working relationships with staff, volunteers and patients
- Maintain strict patient, staff and organizational confidentiality
- Work as a member of the clinic team
- Demonstrate a deep concern for the health and well being of others
- Participate in compliance, quality assurance and quality improvement activities as directed
- May require on-call responsibilities
- Perform other duties as assigned
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- 2 years of experience in a primary care setting preferred; must be comfortable working independently
- Successful completion of an accredited Nurse Practitioner Program
- NP must be licensed as a family nurse practitioner (FNP) in Oregon. The license must be unencumbered.
- Current CPR certification
- Working knowledge of state health care laws, licensing board regulations and controlled substance regulations.
- Computer skills necessary; experience with EPIC preferred
- Ability to work independently and in a multi-disciplinary team-oriented environment
- Knowledge of data and chronic disease registries a plus
- Bilingual in Spanish preferred
Duties are performed primarily in an office and clinic environment. Some evening or weekend hours may be required.
Ability to work in a fast-paced environment. Requires ability to sit, stand, lift, carry, walk, read fine print, and communicate in person, in writing, by telephone and electronically.
Please send a cover letter indicating why you are an excellent candidate for this position along with a resume. Applications without cover letters will not be considered. Position will be open until filled.
The Wallace Medical Concern is an inclusive organization that values diversity. Those with experience working alongside culturally specific communities, marginalized groups, and applicants with lived experience around issues of poverty are all encouraged to apply.