Position Title: Physician Assistant / Nurse Practitioner
Salary: DOE, Competitive, Generous Benefits
Status/Hours: Exempt/variable as per agreement
Reports to: Medical Director
ABOUT THIS POSITION
Our physician assistants and nurse practitioners provide high quality, culturally appropriate healthcare for a vulnerable population. As part of a small, multi-disciplinary team, the PA/NP conducts patient assessments and implementation of treatment plans for both acute and chronic conditions in addition to Well Child care and women’s health. Care includes performing work-ups on patients, including history and a physical, and collaborating with the patient and family/caregiver in developing care plans.
ABOUT THE WALLACE MEDICAL CONCERN
The Wallace Medical Concern (WMC) is a Federally Qualified Health Center making a visible difference in improving the health outcomes of our community. As a rapidly growing patient-centered primary care home, we’re committed to offering high quality programs based on the most promising and progressive best practices. We’re deeply rooted in our dynamic, vibrant, multi-cultural--and underserved--community. We believe that health care extends beyond the exam room, and focus on serving the whole person with support and resources that engage them fully in creating good health.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Primary Care Provider
- Provide direct assessment, diagnosis and formulation/ implementation of a treatment plan for children and adults presenting with acute, chronic or preventive health care needs.
- Provide care to Wallace patients including histories and physicals, ordering diagnostic tests and medications, screening referrals, patient teaching and wound management
- Independently formulate treatment plans based on available clinical data and work cooperatively with patients to implement treatment plan
- Teach classes in aspects of chronic disease such as diabetes, asthma and hypertension
- Work with clinical staff to answer patient inquiries regarding care.
- Manage a full panel of patients on a daily basis including interpreting lab studies and use appropriate procedural or testing equipment
- Provide wound care
- Outpatient responsibilities may be carried out in one of two clinics, a mobile van or in the community
- Referral patients when beyond the scope and ability to provide appropriate care
Wallace Team Member
- Nurture health working relationships with staff, volunteers and patients
- Maintain strict patient, staff and organizational confidentiality
- Work as a member of the clinic team
- Demonstrate a deep concern for the health and well being of others
- Participate in compliance, quality assurance and quality improvement activities as directed
- Perform other duties as assigned
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Minimum of 5 years experience in a primary care setting
- Successful completion of an accredited Nurse Practitioner Program or accredited Physician’s Assistant Program
- Master of Science Degree with a Nursing major from an accredited program
- If NP must be licensed as a family nurse practitioner (FNP). The license must be unencumbered.
- Current Oregon PA or NP License with prescriptive privileges
- Current CPR certification
- Working knowledge of state health care laws, licensing board regulations and controlled substance regulations.
- Ability to work independently and in a multi-disciplinary team-oriented environment
- Knowledge of data and chronic disease registries a plus
- Bi-lingual in Spanish preferred
Duties are performed primarily in an office, clinic, and Mobile Van environment. Some evening and weekend hours are required.
Ability to work in a fast-paced environment. Requires ability to sit, stand, lift, carry, walk, read find print, and communicate in person, in writing, by telephone and electronically.
The Wallace Medical Concern is committed to equal employment opportunities and diversity in our workplace.
Please submit your resume and cover letter addressing why you are an excellent candidate for this role. Applications must include a cover letter for consideration.
This position will remain open until filled.
The Wallace Medical Concern is an inclusive organization that values diversity. Those with experience working alongside culturally specific communities, marginalized groups, and applicants with lived experience around issues of poverty are all encouraged to apply.