Medical Reception & Scheduling Coordinator (Bilingual)
Position Title: Medical Reception and Scheduling Coordinator, Bilingual Spanish/English
Salary: DOE, Generous Benefits
Status/Hours: 40 hours per week
Reports to: Clinical Operations Manager
ABOUT THIS POSITION
Our Bilingual Reception and Scheduling Coordinators are often the first welcoming connection our patients have with our clinic. This position provides exceptional customer service, answering questions, scheduling appointments, supporting staff and providing information to our community.
ABOUT THE WALLACE MEDICAL CONCERN
The Wallace Medical Concern mission statement: “We provide an open door to exceptional health services and connections that support individuals and their families in healthy living.”
The Wallace Medical Concern (WMC) is a Federally Qualified Health Center that is making a visible difference in improving the health outcomes of our community. As a rapidly growing patient-centered primary care home, we’re committed to offering high quality programs based on the most promising and progressive best practices. We’re deeply rooted in our dynamic, vibrant, multi-cultural--and underserved--community. We believe that health care extends beyond the exam room, and focus on serving the whole person with support and resources that engage them fully in creating good health.
JOIN THE WALLACE TEAM
The WMC staff is our greatest asset in providing essential, high-quality health services to the greater Portland area. And as the community we support grows, our team grows with it. We offer an exceptional workplace the values individual contributions, cultural diversity, and ongoing learning.
When you join our team, you will…
…Bring good health to overlooked and underserved individuals and families in our community
…Collaborate with dedicated staff and volunteers an open, cooperative and respectful environment
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Welcome community members, introduce new patients to various services and answer general questions
- Provide friendly and compassionate care to patients
- Schedule medical appointments for primary care, acute care and some specialty care
- Check-in patients for appointments in electronic health records system
- Answer and direct calls; assist callers with immediate needs
- Confirm patient appointments
- Collect patient insurance and demographic data
- Record and/or scan patient data into electronic health records system
- Verify insurance
- Identify patients who may need assistance with insurance enrollment and direct patient appropriately
- Identify and assist low-income patients
- Work collaboratively with other clinical staff
- Assist patients with insurance enrollment, assignment, etc.
- Understand and comply with HIPPA regulations
- Perform a variety of office tasks, including photocopying, typing, faxing, telephone calls and other general duties as directed.
Wallace Team Member
- Create new patient forms as needed
- Maintain strict patient confidentiality
- Work as member of a team
- Provide assistance to all medical personnel as necessary
- Maintain positive working relationship with staff in all departments
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Participate in Continuous Quality Improvement activities according to organizational goals
- Comply with all applicable laws and fully cooperate with the Wallace compliance program
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Experience working in Customer Service, clinic or medical setting preferred
- Ability to work in a busy environment
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to pay attention to detail
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to prioritize the work independently
- Proven track record of excellent customer service
- Experience assisting clients with multiple barriers including poverty, language, mental illness or housing
- Strong computer skills, including Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook, and Access
- Strong knowledge of medical records practices, policies and procedures including HIPAA
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality required
- Experience with an electronic health record system a plus
- Bilingual Spanish/English strongly preferred
Duties are performed primarily in an office and clinic environment. Some evening or weekend hours may be required.
Ability to work in a fast-paced environment. Requires ability to sit, stand, lift, carry, walk, read fine print, and communicate in person, in writing, by telephone and electronically.
Please send resume and cover letter addressing why you are an excellent candidate for this position.
Please note applications without cover letters will not be considered.
Accepting applications on an ongoing basis.