Medical Receptionist (Bilingual English/Spanish Required)
Position title: Medical Receptionist & Scheduling Coordinator
Status/hours: Non-exempt, full time (40 hours per week)
Salary: Starts at $16.00/hour, DOE
Reports to: Director of Operations
ABOUT THIS POSITION
Our medical receptionists are often the first welcoming connection our patients have with our clinic. This position provides exceptional customer service, answering questions, scheduling appointments, supporting staff and providing information to our community.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Welcome community members, patients and answer general questions. Introduce new patients to our varied services.
- Manage and monitor new patients’ assignments to providers.
- Develop an in-depth understanding of our staff and volunteer provider’s background and credentialing.
- Schedule medical appointments for primary care, acute care and some specialty care.
- Check-in patients for appointments in EPIC.
- Answer telephone, direct calls and assist callers to the best of your ability.
- Confirmation calls of patient appointments.
- Perform a variety of office tasks, including photocopying, typing, faxing, telephone calls and other general duties as directed.
- Insurance verification for all new patients and existing patients prior to appointments. Assign new patients to participating providers within their insurance network.
- Screen new patients for appropriate medical services (acute care, primary care or mobile medical clinic).
- Identify and assist Medicare eligible patients with enrollment.
- Identify and assist low-income patients
- Performs a variety of duties to store, maintain and protect the integrity and security of the EMR.
- Ensures that all patient documents are in order and compliant according to HIPAA guidelines for scanning and indexing.
- Ensures that the medical record requests are processed according to established guidelines for Release of Information in a timely and efficient manner ensuring accuracy and within compliance.
Wallace Team Member
- Create new patient forms as needed
- Update policies and procedures as needed
- Maintain strict patient confidentiality
- Work as member of a front desk team
- Provide assistance to all medical personnel as required
- Maintain positive working relationship with all staff in all departments
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Participate in Continuous Quality Improvement activities according to organizational goals
- Comply with all applicable laws and fully cooperate with the Wallace compliance program
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Bilingual English/Spanish required
- Experience working in customer service, clinic or medical setting preferred
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality required
- Proven track record of excellent customer service
- Experience assisting clients with multiple barriers including poverty, language, mental illness or housing
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to prioritize the work independently
- Strong computer skills, including Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook, and Access
- Strong knowledge of medical records practices, policies and procedures including HIPAA
- Experience with EPIC a plus
Duties are performed primarily in an office and clinic environment. Some evening or weekend hours may be required.
Ability to work in a fast-paced environment. Requires ability to sit, stand, lift, carry, walk, read fine print, and communicate in person, in writing, by telephone and electronically.
Please send resume and cover letter addressing why you are an excellent candidate for this position.
Please note applications without cover letters will not be considered. This position will be open until filled.