Title: Operations Manager
Hours and Status: Full time, exempt
Salary: DOE, competitive, generous benefits
ABOUT THE POSITION
The operations manager oversees day-to-day operations in our clinics to ensure smooth patient flow and excellent customer service through managing reception, patient referrals, medical records, and clinical operations.
ABOUT THE WALLACE MEDICAL CONCERN
The Wallace Medical Concern is a Federally Qualified Health Center (FQHC) providing affordable and accessible healthcare services to our dynamic, vibrant, multi-cultural, and under-served community. We believe healthcare extends beyond the exam room and focus on the whole person with support and resources for healthy living.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manages site operations functions, including reception, medical records, patient referrals, EMR system, and the clinics
- Prepares and coordinates providers' schedules
- Ensures support staff schedules provide adequate coverage for daily patient flow
- Supports intake staff to address challenges to patients and increase patient engagement
- Works with the patient support services manager to ensure smooth transition of patients from front to back office
- Creates and maintains community partnerships related to resources and referrals
- Works with CFO and CMO to monitor clinical compliance with policies, procedures, and contractual requirements, implementing new policies and procedures when approved
- Develops and implements additional policies and procedures as appropriate to ensure effective operations
- Supervises and supports the site specialist to serve as the organization's point of contact for EMR and IT systems, ensuring all are up and running daily
- Supervises the front office manager, ensuring calls are answered in a timely manner and routed appropriately, that messages taken are accurate and distributed, and that patients are contacted appropriately with scheduling-related matters
- Provides prompt follow-up to all external and internal communications
- Assists with resolving patient complaints, monitoring patient service throughout the clinics
- Produces reports, including but not limited to UDS and HIS, in accordance with deadlines
- Participates as a member of Management Team in overall planning and organizational development
- Solicits input from staff on program development and problem solving
- Ensures efficient use of resources
- Maintains effective working relationships with staff, WMC board, agencies, vendors, other local providers, patients, and the public
Personnel Management Responsibilities
- Participates in the recruitment, onboarding, and orientation of staff
- Supports supervisors and non-supervisory clinic personnel
- Assists with updating position descriptions as necessary
- Ensures staff achieve the most current level of technical understanding
- Provides office orientation to part-time and/or locum tenens medical practitioners as needed, ensuring access to necessary manuals, schedules, and equipment
- Coaches and directs staff, handling sensitive situations effectively and compassionately
- High school diploma or GED
- Bachelor's degree
- Strong level of proficiency with Microsoft Office and Windows
- Availability to work outside standard business hours to accommodate clinic needs
- Strong ability to plan, lead, organize, and direct
- Excellent organizational, time-management, and problem solving skills
- Outstanding interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills
- Ability to produce finished products (such as memos, announcements, presentations, charts, etc.) with limited guidance
- High level of discretion
- Ability to work and interact effectively and compassionately with staff and clients of diverse backgrounds
- Bilingual English/Spanish
- Proofreading and editing proficiency
- Experience working with low-income populations, Medicaid, and Medicare in a community health clinic setting
- Experience with OCHIN EPIC
- Experience and knowledge of HIPAA
Duties are performed primarily in an office and clinic environment. Some evening and/or weekend hours will be required.
Requires the ability to work in a fast-paced environment, read, and communicate in person, by telephone, in writing, and electronically, with or without reasonable accommodation.
Please submit your resume and cover letter to apply. Note that applications must include a cover letter for consideration.
This position will remain open until filled.
The Wallace Medical Concern is committed to equal employment opportunities and diversity in the workplace. We encourage applications from people of color, individuals from low-income backgrounds, and all communities served by Wallace.