Bilingual Medical Receptionist (English/Spanish)
Position Title: Bilingual Medical Receptionist (English/Spanish)
Salary: $16.00 per hour
Status/Hours: Non-exempt, 40 hours per week; rotating schedule
ABOUT THIS POSITION
Our bilingual reception and scheduling coordinators are often the first welcoming connection our patients have with our clinic. This position provides exceptional customer service, answering questions, scheduling appointments, supporting staff and providing information to our community.
JOIN THE WALLACE TEAM
The WMC staff is our greatest asset in providing essential, high-quality health services to the greater Portland area. And as the community we support grows, our team grows with it. We offer an exceptional workplace the values individual contributions, cultural diversity, and ongoing learning.
When you join our team, you will…
…Bring good health to overlooked and underserved individuals and families in our community
…Collaborate with dedicated staff and volunteers an open, cooperative and respectful environment
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Welcome community members, introduce new patients to various services and answer general questions
- Provide friendly and compassionate care to patients
- Schedule medical appointments for primary care, acute care and some specialty care
- Check-in patients for appointments in electronic health records system
- Answer and direct calls; assist callers with immediate needs
- Confirm patient appointments
- Collect patient insurance and demographic data
- Record and/or scan patient data into electronic health records system
- Verify insurance
- Identify patients who may need assistance with insurance enrollment and direct patient appropriately
- Identify and assist low-income patients
- Work collaboratively with other clinical staff
- Assist patients with insurance enrollment, assignment, etc.
- Understand and comply with HIPPA regulations
- Perform a variety of office tasks, including photocopying, typing, faxing, telephone calls and other general duties as directed.
Wallace Team Member
- Create new patient forms as needed
- Maintain strict patient confidentiality
- Work as member of a team
- Provide assistance to all medical personnel as necessary
- Maintain positive working relationship with staff in all departments
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Participate in Continuous Quality Improvement activities according to organizational goals
- Comply with all applicable laws and fully cooperate with the Wallace compliance program
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Bilingual English/Spanish
- Must be available to work rotating shifts (8-4:30; 9-5:30; 10-6:30)
- Experience working in customer service
- Excellent verbal (including over telephone) and written communication skills
- Strong computer skills
- Ability to work as part of a team in a busy environment
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to organize and prioritize tasks efficiently
- Reception experience
- Experience in medical or dental clinic setting
- Familiarity with electronic medical records systems, specifically EPIC
- Knowledge of HIPAA
Work is performed in an office clinic setting. Must be able to perform the essential functions of the role with or without reasonable accommodation.
Submit your resume and cover letter detailing why you are an excellent candidate for this position.
Applications submitted without a cover letter will not be considered.
We are accepting applications on an ongoing basis.
The Wallace Medical Concern is an inclusive organization that values diversity. Those with experience working alongside culturally specific communities, marginalized groups, and applicants with lived experience around issues of poverty are all encouraged to apply.